Our kitchen cabinets and appliances are in and have taken up residence in the space formally known as the Living Room. I now prefer to call it the obstacle course.
We are making a mad dash to try and finish the painting so that we can begin to install the appliances and cabinets this weekend (yay)! This will probably take two weekends. We still have a lot of finishing touches to do after that but at least the painful stuff (ahem, drywall) will be complete.
Tonight I am putting on our first coat of paint. We are going with BM (does anyone else think of bowel movement when I type that?) Jalapeno Pepper. We are brave souls, but I think it will pay off. (ps this is also the same color as our living room couch!) Here are a couple of pictures of the same color that I hunted down:
I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Not much of the walls will actually be showing and I think the green will look great next to the black and white. I'll try to post pictures this weekend.
Up-dated to do list:
gut the kitchen tear down wall between kitchen and dining room re-wire kitchen electrical, all new outlets and switches re-wire electrical from torn down wall re-do plumbing, connect plumbing to outdoor hose in back yard move gas line replace door to backyard paint door
- box in areas where wall was torn down - mostly done
add new insullation put up new drywall take down ceiling light fixtures paint walls and ceiling - working on this now
- add/paint moulding around window and back door
- replace ceiling light fixtures (add light over sink, pendant lighting)
tile floor hang cabinets and cabinet moulding
- install appliances
- install cabinet knobs and pulls - need to buy
- install under-cabinet lights - need to buy
- install sink, garbage disposal, faucet - need to buy
- have granite countertops installed
- tile backsplash
- unpack and put away all kitchen items
- finish off wall into dining room
- HAVE MASSIVE PARTY